Four tracks - opportunities for everyone
Blink Classic is a rollerskiier race with start in Ålgård and finish in the city centre of Sandnes. In 2017 it was three different tracks to choose from. This year we provide four different tracks for athletes to compete in. We have 60km for elite and juniors. 50km for strong excercisers and juniors. 20km for youths and excercisers. And finaly the new track of the year, a 14km long race for new beginners and excercisers. Youngest athlete allowed to race in 2018 (short track) will have to be born in 2004 or earlier (15 years of age). Youngest athlete allowed in the longer tracks will have to be born in 2002 or earlier (17 years of age). There will be used training wheels on the rollerski (Type 2 wheels for 60km women, 50km and 20km) and (Type 3 wheels for 60km men). This is for safety reasons.
The tracks for 2018 is not finalized, and can be subject for change closer to the festival.
Main course 60km
The main track of 60km will have sprints during the race and several food stations. The track will be similar to the 2017 edition:
- Start in Ålgård city centre - to Figgjo - to Ålgård where the first sprint will ber - Turn around after AMFI in the second roundabout - back the opposite way to E39 through rettedalen - to Vaula bridge - through Gjesdal (second sprint) - to Oltedal on the main road (third sprint) - Up Oltedal through the cityroad - Up Seldal (fourth sprint 300m from the top) - down Søredalen to Sviland (forth sprint) - on road to Melshei - one round in the tracks of Sandnes Arena (sprint) - to Sandnes from Austråttbakken - One round in the Blink track before finish.
See important details of the track below!
Profil 60km track.
Important details 50km and 60km:
Sprints 60km tracl
- Traintrack – 5 km (60 km track)
- Sprint Ålgård – 8km (60 km track)
- Drinkingstation Ålgård – 8,5 km (60 km track)
- Cattle guard Kluge – 14 km
- Cattle guard Gjesdal – 15 km
- Sprint Gjesdal – 15,5 km
- Drinkingstation Gjesdal – 15,7 km
- Cattle guard Bjelland – 19 km
- Steep downhill with cattle guard at the end – 20 km
- Third sprint at Spinneriet - 24,8 km
- Turn 180 degrees in the end of a long downhill – 28 km (Turn onto road)
- Drinkingstation Oltedal – 28,5 km
- Sprint Seldalsheia – 33,5 km
- Drinkingstation Seldalsheia – 34 km
- Drinkingstation Sviland – 48 km
- Sprint Sandnes Arena -52,5 km
- Steep downhill with right turn from Melshei – 53 km
- Long downhill with high speed into roundabout in Austråttbakken – 57 km
There will be prices for each sprint for both women and men.
Sprints will be marked 1km before the line, and 500m before, and will be marked by a big banner at each sprint.
The prices will only be valid if the racer finishes the race. If the racer of valid reasons cant finish the race (by injury per example), it will be decided by a jury if the racer should get the price.
The excercisetrack on 50km will be excact the same as in 60km, but without the trip to Figgjo in the beginning. In this race the track will go straight from Ålgård to E39 and follow the 60km track from there.
Map over the race of 50km
The map is not excact)
Short track 20km and 14km
The short track of
20km will be similar to the 2017 edition.
- Start in Ålgård sentrum - direct to Figgjo - on to bikeroad by Figgjo AS - to Bråstein - Crossing of E39 towards arboreet - To Sviland - on to road over to Melshei - one lap in Sandnes Arena - down to Sandnes from Austråttbakken - one lap in the Blink track.
Map of the 20km race
The map is not exact)
There will also this year be a even simpler shorter tracks for new beginners. This race will be 14km
and will go direct from Ålgård to Sandnes without big up or downhills. This is a great track to try if you are new on rollerskiis.
Map of the 14km race
The map is not excact)
Rules, info and registration
The only limitation for the races is the age limitation. To participate you have to be 15 years of age in the short track. To race the long tracks you have to 17 years of age. We recommend you to find a track suitable for you level of skill. If you are not sure, pick the short track this year and try the longer next year!
Rules for the race
you can find here, Which is the same that Guid World Classic Tour
uses, and Alliansloppet
which we collaborate with.
There are also rules for service during the race. Read them here
Wheel types Blink Classics
For short tracks (14km and 20km):
Wheel type "2" wheels or slower is allowed. Organizer will take tests before the race.
If the organizer is not sure of the rollerskiis participants use, they are allowed to demand use of loan-skiis.
Long tracks: Blink Classics 50 and 60 km everyone will get loan skiis.